“1You, LORD, are my shepherd. I will never be in need. 2You let me rest in fields of green grass. You lead me to streams of peaceful water, 3and you refresh my life. You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths. 4I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won’t be afraid. You are with me, and your shepherd’s rod makes me feel safe. 5You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch. You honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows. 6Your kindness and love will always be with me each day of my life, and I will live forever in your house, LORD.”
Now take a moment to list off the points of encouragement from our Lord:
1. I will never be in need. That covers physically and spiritually.
2. He will give me rest in a pleasant place. Rest from the demands of life, rest from worries, and rest from the spiritual battles. I only have to rest in Him or depend on Him and not myself.
3. He leads me to peace. I just have to follow Him there.
4. He will refresh me. I don’t have to do things on my own and in my own strength. I don’t have to deplete my energy. He will revive me and energize me.
5. God is true to His name. Have you ever read the list of God’s names. A name tells about the character and we learn alot about God by the names He is called in His Word. He is true to them all.
6. He leads me on right paths. If I follow Him, I will go the right way and get where I am suppose to go.
7. In the bad times or even as I approach physical death, I don’t have to be afraid, because He is with me.
8. He protects me and keeps me safe. I just have to run to Him and seek His shelter. I don’t have to fight the wolves by myself. I don’t have to fight them at all.
9. He provides for me and cares for me. He shows the enemy that He loves me.
10. He blesses beyond what we need. We just need to open our eyes and see those blessings.
11. God is with us always and will love us always. Nothing can separate us from God, once we receive Christ as our Savior.
12. God allows us to live eternally with Him. Nothing can take away our eternal life, once we receive Christ as our Savior. We are blessed eternally to be in His presence.
Are you encouraged? I would say that the 23rd Psalm is better than a dozen roses from that special someone in your life.